8.10.2008

Lexi's First Haircut!!!

Lexi officially graduated from baby to little girl today with the commencement of her first haircut. Her hair was getting really BIG and when worn down covered her eyes like Cousin It on the Adam's Family. It was time to take action.

She didn't have much cut off because ultimately it is our goal to grow her hair long. The hairstylist just cut her some side bangs and cleaned things up in the back. But even so...she looks so much different to us. I'm not sure why, but the whole experience brought tears to my eyes. I just can't believe how fast the time has gone.

Daddy memorialized the event by capturing the entire cut on tape. Ahhh....how sweet that will be to watch someday.



I was really worried that Lexi would NOT do well so I made a point to plan ahead. I made the appt for 11am, a time which Lexi is usually in a really good mood. We woke up early and made breakfast....complete with scrambled eggs and french toast. It was important that she had a full tummy. Then I gave her a bath, conditioned and combed out her hair and brought her to the salon with her hair already wet. I knew she would have a melt down if she had to have her tangles pulled on by the hairstylist. She normally HATES to have anyone touching her hair.

To my complete surprise she did GREAT!!!! She didn't mind the cut AT ALL. I think she was appropriately distracted by all the toys and fun stuff to look at. We were so proud of her. She was such a good girl! Here are some shots of her and her hairstylist, Alyssa.

The salon is called Little Clippers. I've never been in a place like that before. It was adorable. The place looked like an indoor playground. There were kids playing everywhere and all the cutting stations had TV's and VCR's. What a great idea! Lexi got to watch Elmo during her cut. As you can see in the below photo, each chair was a different kind of child's seat. So precious!After all was said and done, Lexi was awarded with a balloon and a sticker...two of Lexi's favorite things. Here are some photos of daddy giving her her sticker....so cute.And to make it truly official, Lexi got a 'Congratulations Certificate' complete with a lock of her hair.
Here's the finished product!It's experiences like these that make life great!

2 comments:

rebecca said...

I love that place! I take Nik there and then let him play for as long as he wants afterwards which gives me magazine reading time!!!
Lexi looks so adorable with her big girl haircut:) I totally understand about tearing up, I did too after Nik's first cut. He looked like a little boy all of a sudden and not my baby!

Anonymous said...

First haircut photos, cool. Looks like a fun place. Maybe for Rowan's first cut we can go there. Not sure when that will be!
Adrian