7.26.2008

Monthly Gathering....at Jill's House

Recently "our group" decided to initiate monthly gatherings at alternating houses to help keep everyone better connected. Clearly our group dynamic has changed over the past 2 years. We've transitioned nearly overnight from Smirnoff to Gerber and now with all the little ones controlling our lives (and with the general hustle and bustle of the capitalistic world we live in) keeping in touch is progressively more difficult.

Yesterday was our second monthly gathering and this time it was at Jill's house. Jill has an awesome backyard and the idea was to hang out, eat, chat, etc. Seth and I were very much looking forward to spending a warm summer night outdoors catching up with our friends and watching the little ones play. We tried to plan ahead by giving Lexi and long nap right before the gathering. Naively we believed that would ensure her having a good mood during the event. Boy were we wrong!

Yesterday brought forth yet another parental lesson (well, I guess it's a recurring parental lesson) and that is.....I cannot control everything. I admit it...I'm a bit of a control freak, planner type of person and I must often remind myself that despite how much I plan I can never ensure my toddler's mood. I also must admit....that I was irritated with Lexi at times yesterday for not cooperating. I wanted her to be happy and cute and good...and at times she was none of those things. But I guess the most important lesson I learned yesterday is I MUST NOT expect my toddler to stay up past her bedtime and still be well behaved because she is only 16 months old and when she's tired she has no other way of telling me than through her behavior. That adorable little being really is making me a better person....one difficult situation at a time.

Non-Meltdown Lexi:


Jill and Trista having special moments with our sweetie:


This is how Lexi shows you the number "two". She puts up both her pointer fingers and proudly announces "teeeoooo".
And just plain cute shots:



1 comment:

rebecca said...

THose are some beautiful shots. Nice camera and good photography!