7.28.2008

My Top Ten Favorite Things

My friend Rebecca just posted a "Top Ten Favorites Things" on her blog and in her post she asked her friends to do the same. I thought it was a cute idea so of course I will participate.

Below are my top 10 favorite things, in no particular order (family and friends are assumed of course!):

1. Sleep - I've always loved my sleep and thank goodness my child does too....she'll sleep until 10am if you let her...how did I get so lucky???

2. Popcicles and Olberman - Seth and I recently implemented a new evening pasttime. Each night after we put Lexi down we crawl into bed where we each enjoy an all fruit Dryer's popcicle (him, lime / me, strawberry) while watching Keith Olberman to catch up on today's political events....boy are we cool....NOT!!!

3. Shopping - this goes without saying...although I must say...I pretty much only shop sales.

4. Gardening - I absolutely love watching things grow. Even more I love driving up to my house each day greeted by color in the yard. I wish I had more time (and money) for landscaping and can hardly wait to get down and dirty in the the back yard....someday.

5. My Orange Honda Element - this was one of the best purchases I've ever made. Not only is it adorable, but it's incredibly practical and fun to drive. I only wish that cool green color was out when I bought my Element. I soooo would have purchased that one....but I do LOVE orange as well.

6. An authentic hot pastrami sandwich - Growing up Jewish in LA I grew accustomed to delicious, authentic pastrami sandwhiches. That was one of the things I missed most when I moved to the NW....there were NO good Jewish deli's. Well, the other day I FINALLY found one! There's a new deli downtown called Kenny and Zuke's. It's on SW Stark and 11th and there I had (and I'm not exaggerating) the absolute BEST hot pastrami sandwhich I have ever had in my life! You don't know how excited that makes me! :-)

7. My Nikon D50 Digital SLR - I can now never go back to a point n shoot...the delay drives me CRAZY. (Thank you SOOOO much Bill for the camera and accessories. You don't know just how appreciative I am!)

8. Reading - Again, I wish I had more time...but I do seem to fit a fair amount of reading in during my commuting to and from work. I just finished "Water for Elephants" and absolutely LOVED it!!! I would HIGHLY recommend reading it.

9. Eucerin Calming Creme - I have extremely dry skin and have tried every lotion on the market (including prescriptions). I'm the type of person who MUST lube up after each shower. Recently I found Eucerin Calming creme and it works fabulously well. I SWEAR by it and would never go without it again. I should buy stock in Eucerin, I really should.

10. Constant Learning - I've always been a person who craves knowledge and this drive has only gotten stronger as I've gotten older. I find myself becoming an information junkie. If I'm not reading CNN.com or surfing the web, I'm listening to NPR or watching CNBC. I just can't get enough. It can be burdensome at times. A few weeks ago when IndyMac went down I actually felt like I was overdosing on information and had to cut myself off from news for a few days because all the bad news was really stressing me out. I'm crazy, I know. :-)

So there you go....didn't that make for interesting reading? Perhaps not....but hey that's who I am...Sam I am. Much too much Doctor Suess for this Obama Mama. :-)

Do feel free to send me your top 10's as well. I'd love to know them!

1 comment:

rebecca said...

Fun! I love your Honda Element as well, and i especially like the orange:) Then there is me and my forest green minivan....let's just say, i have car envy.