6.14.2008

Baby Noah

A new member of our group arrived last week on June 9th. His name is Noah Khalifa and he weighed in at 6lbs 11ounces. He was three weeks early but healthy and gorgeous. His parents, Christy and Majed Khalifa are in total bliss and are head over heals in love with their new addition.

On the way home from the hospital Seth and I witnessed a beautifully vibrant rainbow. It's not every day that you witness a rainbow like that and I thought it was such a sign on the birth of such a special little boy that I made Seth stop and take a photo. I'm a sucker for rainbows....and for metaphysical signs....and just couldn't help myself.
Seth met Christy in grad school. He always described her as incredibly smart and studious. I liked her from the moment we met. She and Majed have been a steady fixture at all of our gatherings and I was honored when Christy looked to me for advice during her pregnancy. When I was pregnant I looked to my friend Molly for advice and I sooooo appreciated having someone close by to lean on who was going the same things as me and at the same time. I felt like I got to pay Molly's gift forward with Christy and it really meant a lot to me to be a part of her pregnancy journey. Christy and Majed will be amazing and wonderful parents, I have absolutely NO doubt about that. Noah is one lucky baby and we look forward to being a part of his life as he grows.

No comments: