6.14.2008

The Importance of Dental Hygiene

The other day I was dutifully flossing my teeth in front of Lexi and as she watched me do so she became incredibly interested in what I was doing. So much so, that I decided to give her a piece of her very own floss and showed her what to do with it. I had no idea how that offering would result in over an hour of entertainment for both her and I. She proceeded to the back deck with her floss in hand where she tried countless body positions and flossing techniques. Like I said, this went on for over an hour and it was honestly one of the most entertaining hours of my life. In the end I got over 50 photos on her in the act. After MUCH scrutiny I think I've narrowed it down to my favorites below.

I've come to the conclusion that Lexi will never cease to amaze and entertain me and I underestimate her tenacity and cognitive ability on a daily basis. She is far more aware and intelligent than I sometimes realize. I suppose it's easy to assume that someone who cannot yet speak in sentences simply could not yet understand concepts, but I am quickly learning that is so the contrary.





1 comment:

rebecca said...

Wow, she is a better flosser than I am! YOu are so right. Children are much smarter than we give than credit for. I am always amazed when Nik signs something new to me, even though he has been amazing me with it for over a year now. I suppose it will never end, and i like that:)