6.01.2008

Our Little Botanist

Okay, I know....this blog was supposed to be about the Prouser "family" but all I ever seem to blog about is Ms. Lexi Lu. What can I say, our lives revolve around that little girl. I can't help it.

So...once again I have another post about guess who??? Yup, Lexi Lu. So....the latest and greatest these days is Lexi's love for anything botanical. She absoultely adores flowers, leaves, sticks, weeds, grass....you name it. Now that she's walking she wants to be ourdoors constantly and all she does is explore the folliage all around our house. She stoops down and fills both hands with all the plant material she can hold and trots along the street looking for more. It's really precious. I can't help but think she'll be a real outdoors-person, or at the very least she'll love to garden like her mama.



Speaking of gardening...it has been a goal of mine since we moved into this house two years ago to get our garden in order, but seeing as how I was pregnant the first summer we were here and had a newborn the second summer, I haven't had much time to devote myself to it. Finally this year I've had some time to get my hands dirty and I can say that we are now pleased with our home's "curb appeal". Although there a still a lot of things we'd like to do, it's greatly improved from when we first moved in. We tore out all of the exisitng landscaping last year and started over. Next weekend I plan to add some trailing annuals over the rock wall for more pops of color. Yesterday I spent a total of 5 hours power washing our front walk, driveway, porch and siding and I am soooo happy with the result. It's remarkable what a differnce that makes. My goodness! Now...I just have to get started on the backyard. Argggg! Below is a photo I took yesterday after all was said and done. Awwww....it's so nice to have that behind me!

1 comment:

rebecca said...

That is just fine that you only post about Lexi. She is, after all, really cute and who wouldn't want to see her little face as often as you can post it?
And have i ever told you how you amaze me with all the projects you get done?! How DO you do it?